Matt is a civil trial attorney with experience in personal injury, property,
insurance, and business disputes. He has also represented parties in insurance
coverage disputes, subrogation matters, and maritime tort and contract disputes.
Matt began his career in an urban prosecutor’s office, followed by 20 years
clerking for several distinguished federal judges in Pennsylvania and Houston.
He learned firsthand “at the judge’s elbow” how to successfully
present a case to a jury, and also how to effectively position a case for
resolution prior to trial either through motions or a favorable settlement.
Matt brings that insight to every case. Not every case will go to trial, but
every case needs to be prepared as if it will.
Matt and his wife Beth have 4 daughters, 2 sons-in-law, and 2 grandchildren who
all (so far) live in Houston.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1986 (Order of Barristers, Polsky Criminal Moot Court Team)
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A., 1982, cum laude (History and Political Science)
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- All state courts in Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Texas
- U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Senior Counsel, Hall Maines Lugrin, P.C. (June 2012–November 2015)
- Law Clerk, Chambers of Hon. Gray Miller, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas (September 2010–June 2012)
- Career Law Clerk, U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania (March 1990–August, 2010)
- Assistant District Attorney, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania (November 1987–March 1990)
- Law Clerk, Supreme Court of Pennsylvania (November 1986–November 1987)
- President, Fairdale Place Estates HOA